Everything You Need to Know About Ford MyKey
The available MyKey feature lets you control certain aspects of your Ford vehicle, even if you’re not behind the wheel. For example, you can limit certain functions like music volume to help you or a loved one practice better driving habits. Today we’ll explore what MyKey does and how to disable it if necessary.
What are MyKey’s Standard Settings?
Initially, MyKey will operate in three fundamental ways:
- It will send a chime alert for unbuckled drivers and front passenger seat belts. In addition, it will automatically mute the radio until belts are fastened.
- MyKey can issue a low fuel warning earlier than usual to give you an extra layer of security around fuel consumption.
- Several advanced safety features like Blind Spot Information System with cross-traffic alert and Forward-Collision Warning are automatically locked on.
Once you enable MyKey, it will contain the following default settings:
- Safety belt reminder
- Low fuel/low charge warning
- Driver-assist features auto enabled
- Restricted adult content on satellite radio (if equipped)
Adding Optional Settings Via MyKey
To get the best experience from MyKey, you’ll want to configure several optional settings manually. For instance, the max speed setting will display a visual and audio warning if the vehicle exceeds your selected top speed. If you’re a parent, you’ll relish the opportunity to limit the maximum radio volume. Furthermore, you can keep driver attention features such as Do Not Disturb Mode permanently locked to the “on” setting.
After you’ve completed the initial setup, you can use the admin key to change the following settings:
- Maximum speed limit
- Vehicle speed reminders
- Audio volume restriction to 45%
Additionally, you can enable the Always on setting for the following:
- Advance Trac/traction control
- 911 Assist/Emergency Assist
- Do Not Disturb mode
How Do I Program MyKey?
Programming your MyKey should be a straightforward process. First, you’ll decide which of your two keys will become your MyKey. The other will become an administrator key, which gives your vehicle full function and can be used to reset or reprogram MyKey anytime. After that, follow these steps:
- Insert your selected key into the ignition. If your vehicle features a push-button start, place the intelligent access key fob into the backup slot.
- Switch the ignition on.
- Access the main menu on the information display controls. Select settings, then MyKey by pressing OK or the > button.
- Press OK or the > button once more to select Create MyKey.
- Once prompted, hold the OK button until you see a message telling you to label your key as a MyKey.
- Choose your settings, turn off the power, and remove the key.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully created a MyKey! Now, whenever your key is used, your settings are turned on.
How Do I Turn Off MyKey?
You have the ability to turn off MyKey by using your administrator key and following the prompts in the information center.
To clear all MyKey settings, you can press the left arrow button to access the main menu and follow these steps:
- Scroll to “Settings” and press the OK button
- Scroll to “MyKey” and press the OK button
- Scroll to “Clear MyKey.” Press and hold the OK button until “All MyKeys Cleared” displays.
Do you have any more questions on Ford vehicle functionality? Then, get in touch with your local Waconia Ford dealership today, and we’ll happily assist you!